When your hardware delivery has arrived you are moments away from being able to use your new cash register. This article will cover the installation process of your hardware devices.
This is what you will need:
To be able to take payment you will need, at minimum, the hardware listed below.
- Receipt printer
- Card terminal (delivered separately from the provider of your choice)
Before beginning the installation you will have to make sure that a network cable connected to a source of internet is readily available in the vicinity of the cash register. This is crucial for the installation. We strongly recommend that you only use the provided router for cash register purposes.
1. Attach the antennas to the router.
2. Connect the power cord to the router and into a wall socket.
3. Connect the network cable you have prepared for the cash register to the blue port on the back of the router. Adjust the position of the antennas so that they point in the direction of the iPad.
4. Turn on the router with the power button on the back of the router.
1. Connect the power adapter to the printer and a wall socket.
2. Connect a network cable to the printer.
3. The network cable is then connected to a yellow port of your choice on the router.
4. Connect the cash drawer to the printer by connecting the cord from the cash drawer to the back of the printer in the middle port.
5. Turn on the printer by flipping the switch on the left side of the printer.
Card terminal Verifone VX820
1. Connect a network cable to the adapter. Be sure to connect the cable to the port that says "ETH".
2. The network cable is then connected to a yellow port of your choice on the router.
3. Connect the power cable to the adapter and into a wall socket.
1. Attach the wire to something solid, for example the counter.
2. Thread the lock through the noose of the wire.
3. Twist the button on the side of the lock and push it inwards.
4. Change the combination to your desired pin code.
5. Twist the button to its original position.
6. Hold in the small button on the side of the lock and attach it to the iPad stand.
7. Rearrange the numbers on the lock and make sure that it is properly attached to the iPad stand.
1. Start your scanner by holding down the small button a short while. To scan an item, press the large button.
2. Go to Settings on the iPad and then Bluetooth. Check of your scanner is connected. The name of the scanner will be "Socket" followed by a series of letters. While here, also make sure that the iPad is connected to the router. Avoid connecting the iPad to any other network other than "Sitoo POS <your store> - 5GHz".