How does the scanner work with Sitoo POS?
The cash register and the barcode scanner communicate via Bluetooth. This means that the scanner will be listed as a device in the Bluetooth section of your iPad settings. The scanner must be connected there in order to work with Sitoo POS.
A small barcode icon will be visible in the upper right corner of the app if the scanner is connected and functioning properly. See picture below:
Is the scanner disconnected from the cash register?
- Check that the scanner is turned on: Remove the charging cable from the scanner and press the big button. If the scanner is on it will emit a red light.
- Check that Bluetooth is enabled on your iPad: Go to Settings on your iPad and tap Bluetooth. If the icon on the right is green this indicates that Bluetooth is enabled. Se picture below.
- Check that the scanner is connected to Bluetooth: In the Bluetooth section of your iPad settings all the devices connected via bluetooth will be listed. The scanner name will be either Socket CHS or Socket 7xi, depending on your scanner model.
- If your socket is flagged as Not Connected, tap on it in the "My devices" section. See picture below:
The scanner is connected but nothing happens when I scan something?
- Scanner: Start the scanner by holding down the small button until you hear a beep.
- Scanner: Release the scanner by holding down the small button and the big button simultaneously. Listen for three beeps.
- Scanner: Start the scanner once again by holding down the small button until you hear a beep.
- Scanner: Configure the scanner by scanning the barcode below:
Note! Three beeps will confirm that the scanner has configured properly.
- iPad: Open Settings on your iPad and tap "Bluetooth"
- iPad: If the device "Socket CHS" is already connect, tap the (i)-icon and then "Forget This Device".
- iPad: Turn off Bluetooth by tapping the green button in the upper right corner.
- iPad: Turn on Bluetooth by tapping the button again.
- iPad: EThe device "Socket CHS" should appear in the list
- iPad: Tap "Socket CHS"
- iPad: Try scanning an item in the cash register.
2 pcs of rechargable AAA-batteries. (Note that this applies only to Socket CHS - Socket 7xi has a built in battery) The batteries can be replaced by opening the battery hatch. Please note that only rechargeable batteries should be used.
|Steady red||Charging batteries|
|Flashing red||20% or less remaining battery charge|
|Steady green||Battery is fully charged|