With Sitoo you can import manufacturer/brand information in Backoffice. Manufacturer/Brand is no critical information that must be added, but if you want to collect sales statistics on manufacturers or brands, this information must be linked to your products.
Definition of terms
The following list describes the column names in the import file that relate to the Manufacturer/Brand.
|name||Name of the Manufacturer/Brand. This has to be included.|
|Email to the Manufacturer/Brand.|
|phone||Phone to the Manufacturer/Brand.|
|address||Address of the Manufacturer/Brand.|
|url1||Primary url to the manufacturer's website.|
|url2||Secondary url to the manufacturer's website.|
|description||Description or note on each manufacturer.|
Create an import file
- Either use our import template found at the end of this article. Then you'll start of with an empty excel that you can fill with information.
- Alternatively, you can use the existing Sitoo manufacturer list. Then follow the steps below.
- Log in to Backoffice > Products > Manufacturers.
- Press Export in the lower right corner. You will then receive a file that reflects the information that is already available about your manufacturers or brands in Backoffice. If you do not have any manufacturers/brands, the excel file will be empty, except that the correct column name is in the file.
- Overview of the excel file: Each row represents a manufacturer/brand, and each of the columns in the excel file corresponds to a separate property or information field.
Fill in the import file
You only need to enter the information you want to assign to your manufacturers/brands. Name is the only thing required to create the manufacturer/brand.
Import the import file
- In the excel file you just created, select the rows and columns that contain data.
- Right-click the selected area > Copy.
Do not select empty rows or columns. Only select rows and columns that contain information.
- Log in to Sitoo Backoffice > Products.
- At the bottom right, tap Import.
- Right-click in the white text box.
- Paste the information that you copied from excel in the previous step.
t is important that the cursor is just behind the last sign. Remove any blank spaces.
- Tap Continue > Import > OK.
Click on the link below to download our import template. Please refer to this document when adding or editing manufacturers or brands in Sitoo. Note that there are several sheets in the document.
The column names in the import template must not be formatted. They should keep the names that are in the template and always spelled in lowercase.