The Zebra DS2278 barcode scanner is a robust bluetooth scanner. It's connected to Sitoo POS via bluetooth and thus is not network dependent. The scanner consists of two parts; a wireless hand scanner and a base station.
- Ensure that the base station receives power through a micro usb cable. The cable should be connected to an electric adapter, no other device.
- On the iPad > Settings > Bluetooth > make sure Bluetooth is turned on.
- Make sure that Bluetooth access is allowed. On the iPad > Settings > scroll at the bottom of the app list to the left > Select Sitoo POS > Allow Bluetooth access.
Connect the barcode reader anew
- Scan the barcode below to reset the scanner:
- Scan the barcode below to Turn on pairing:
- Open Sitoo POS > Menu > Settings > Hardware Devices.
- Under Hardware Devices you'll see a list of all currently connected devices.
- Swipe from right to left on the row Zebra > Remove.
- Tap the plus icon in the upper right corner and choose Zebra.
- Enter the number 2 in the IP-Address-field.
- Then tap the magnifying glass in the upper right corner.
- Now an alternative for Zebra should appear in the list. The search may take a while.
- Please repeat the previous step (7+8) a couple of times if you're not receiving a result right away.
- When your scanner appears in the search results, tap on the row.
- Tap Done och go back.
- A bluetooth dialogue should appear in Sitoo POS asking you to confirm the bluetooth pair.
If all of the above has been attempted but the scanner is still not showing up, try the following:
- On the iPad > Settings > Bluetooth.
- Turn Bluetooth off and then on.
- Wait for the scanner to appear in the list (if it doesn't show up, try scanning the codes above once again)
- When it appears, tap it to connect to it.
- Then tap the (i)-icon and tap "Forget This Device".
- Now repeat the steps 1-13 once again.