In Sitoo Backoffice you can create and manage cart campaigns for Sitoo POS. In Sitoo Backoffice > Campaigns > Cart campaigns Both you will be presented with a list of all campaigns available in store, both active and inactive. In this view, you can choose to add and edit campaigns.
Keep in mind that if you integrate Sitoo with an ERP, campaigns might be administered in this system and not directly in Sitoo Backoffice.
Add a new campaign
- Log in to Sitoo Backoffice > Campaigns > Cart campaign.
- Tap the add-icon to add a new campaign.
- Enter the name of the campaign. This will be visible to the customer when the campaign is used.
- Optional: Enter the name of the campaign group of which the campaign belongs. This is for grouping different campaigns that can then be used for follow-up and reporting.
- Enter a discount code for the campaign.
Gift cards can not be included in a campaign offer.
Different types of product campaigns
Selling of products with a cash discount. For Example: 50€ discount on all jackets.
Selling of products with a percentage discount. For Example: 20% discount on all jackets.
Multiple purchase discount
Increase upsell with great campaigns giving the customer discounts when purchasing multiple products. For Example: Buy 3 pay for 2 on all socks.
Example: Buy 2 products and get one for half the price.
Example: Buy 4 for 9,99€
Buy X and get discounts from list
This campaign can be used to, for example, automatically apply a discount to related accessories when purchasing a specific item. The discount can be applied in both currency and percent.
Variable X: The total number of products in the cart, retrieved from a predefined list needed to activate the campaign.
Max uses: How many times the campaign can be applied per purchase.
Buy a camera and get a memory card for free and 500kr discount on an extra battery.
Step 1: Create a campaign for the products.
- Click ”Product campaigns”
- Give the campaign a “Name”
- Leave “Campaign Group” and “Password” empty.
- Choose type “Buy X and get discounts from list”
- Leave the Priority as “Normal Priority”
- Enter 1 under ”Variable X”
- Leave ”Max uses” empty
- Add article numbers (sku) for the memory cards that you want to offer for free in the campaign. For example:
- Add article numbers (sku) for the batteries that you want to offer with a 500kr discount. For example:
The campaign is complete and can now be applied to the products you want to associate with the campaign.
Step 2: Apply the campaign on your products.
- Go to “Products”
- Tick the box on the left most side of the products.
- Click “Set campaign”
- Choose the campaign from the list.
- Click “Commit”
The campaign can now be used.
Buy two (2) cameras and get a memory card for free and 500kr discount on an extra battery. The offer is limited to one (1), which means that if a customer buys four cameras they will not receive further discounts. However, the discount will be offered on up to three (3) batteries.
Same procedure as the previous example with the exception of...
- ”Variable X” must be set to 2 as the offer will only apply after 2 cameras have been added to the cart.
- ”Max uses” must be set to 1 as we don’t want to offer the discount on multiple cameras.
- Add 3: in front of the article number (sku) for the batteries intended to be included in the campaign. For example:
On product campaigns you can control how many times they may be utilized within a purchase for a particular type of product. For example, if a product is sold at a discount of 5€ and the maximum number is set to "2", the customer will only buy two products at a discounted price.
Decide freely what the discount code should consist of. It can be words, abbreviations or characters. It is this code that you then hand out to the customer and can be used directly at the checkout for the discount to be deducted upon purchase. If you to not enter a discount code, the discount will be automatically applied upon purchase.
Period of validity
In the section validity, you specify the time period for which the campaign applies. Since Sitoo Backoffice takes all time zones into account, you must specify the validity period with both date and time. Otherwise, the campaign will end as soon as the specified date begins in each time zone.
Example: A campaign created in Swedish time (UTC +1: 00) with end date tomorrow at 12:00 will end in New York (UTC -5: 00) at 06:00.
If no time frame is specified, the campaign will be valid until the campaign is deactivated or deleted.
If you want a campaign to end at the same time of the day regardless of the time zone, one campaign for each time zone is recommended.
Prioritize your campaigns
You can decide in which order the campaigns should be applied at the checkout. Prioritization can be done on a scale from 1-5 where campaigns with priority 1 is applied first to the checkout. Thus you can control the order of which the discounts will be deducted from a cart that takes part in several different campaigns
To determine which products are included in a campaign, go to Backoffice > Products. Select the desired products by ticking their checkbox at the far left. Once you have selected a group of products, click the button Set Discount Code in the lower left corner. You will be presented with a dialog box asking you to enter the name of the product campaign.
When a customer has different campaigns in one and the same purchase, the campaign will be managed differently depending on the campaigns used. Here we will review how the campaigns work in combination with each other.
The Campaign Manager does not allow two campaigns to be combined at checkout if they are both applied to the same product. For example, if your store offers two different campaigns for the same product, the customer will only be able to use one of the campaigns.
Discount that apply to the entire shopping cart are always applied after product campaigns. Thus, when discounts for both products and for the entire cart are combined, the product campaign will be applied first and then the cart campaign for the entire cart will be deducted.
In the example below there are three products in the shopping cart and two different campaigns are used. One campaign applied to products and one for the entire shopping cart. The product campaign is applied first and then the percentage discount is deducted for the remaining value of the shopping cart.
- Product A 10€
- Product B 15€
- Product C 20€
- 3 för 2 -10€ (cheapest)
- Student discount 10% -3,5€ (the value in the cart is 35€ after the campaign 3 for the 2)
Total amount: 31,5€