When the barcode reader is connected to the cash register properly via Bluetooth, a barcode icon will appear in the upper right corner. See picture below.
The barcode reader has disconnected from the cash register
- Make sure the barcode reader is turned on: Remove the barcode reader from the charger and then press the big button. A red light will come from the scanner head when it's turned on.
- Make sure Bluetooth is turned on on the iPad: Go to Settings on you iPad > Bluetooth. If the icon to the right is lit green the Bluetooth is turned on. See picture below.
- Make sure the barcode reader is connected to Bluetooth: In the Bluetooth section in the iPads settings, the connected device should be named "Socket CHS [...]" under My devices. See picture below.
If Socket CHS [...] is not marked as Connected, press Socket CHS [...] in the line of the device.
The barcode reader is connected but nothing happens when I scan
- Start the barcode reader by pressing the small button until you hear a sound.
- Release the barcode reader by pressing the big button and the small button simultaneously until you hear another sound.
- Restart the barcode reader by holding down the small button until you hear a sound.
- Open Settings on your iPad and choose "Bluetooth."
- If the unit "Socket .." is already connected, press the icon 'i' and select "Forget device."
- Turn off Bluetooth.
- Turn on Bluetooth. Unit "Socket .." should appear in the list.
- Select the unit "Socket .."
- Now test the barcode reader.