Make sure that your iPad is connected to Wi-Fi
If Sitoo POS can not connect to the Internet, you should first and foremost make sure that you are on the correct network. In some cases, the iPad may jump to other networks that have previously been connected. In these cases, do the following:
- Open Settings on your iPad.
- Tap Wi-Fi.
- Check whether the iPad is connected to the correct network. If you received a router from Sitoo it is highly likely it will be named ”Sitoo POS – (STORE) 5GHz”. If you have installed your own network set up, please get in contact with your supervisor.
- Connect to a network by tapping its name. A blue checkmark icon on the left side of the network name indicates that the iPad is connected to that network.
- Forget previously connected networks. If the iPad was connected to the wrong network, tap the (i)-icon on the right of that network name. Then tap Forget this network > Forget.
- Open the app Safari and navigate to a webpage of your choice. If you are connected to the correct network and still can't connect to the internet there might be a problem with either the router or the Internet Service Provider.
- Restart the router that Sitoo POS is connected to. Make sure that the iPad reconnects to that network after the restart and try again.
- Restart the stor modem or router. If the router is connected to another modem/router (supplied by your Internet Service Provider), try restarting them as well.
- If you are still not able to get internet connection, please get in touch with your Internet Service Provider.
Before continuing with the troubleshooting process, try restarting the Sitoo app. Double-click the home button, then swipe the Sitoo app by touching the app and drag the finger upwards until it's gone. Press the home button once to return to the iPad homepage and reopen the Sitoo app.
The iPad is connected to the correct network but the internet is not working
If your iPad is connected to the network that you usually use, for example "Sitoo POS - <SHOP> 5GHz", but you are still not able to connect to the Internet, please do the following.
- Ensure that the connection between your Internet source (other router, mobile router, wall outlet, etc.) is correct.
- f you use a ASUS router from Sitoo there must be a cable from your internet source into the blue pate on the ASUS router. The icon on the front of the router that looks like a planet should shine steadily blue, this indicates that the router has an internet connection.
- Restart any modem or routers that might give internet to the router which is connected to your hardware devices.
iPad can not find the network
If you can not find the network that you are usually connected to (for example "Sitoo POS - <SHOP> 5GHz" if you use an ASUS router from Sitoo) in the list of networks, please do the following:
- Restart your router. Depending on which router you use, there are different ways of restarting it. Often you are able to restart just by by unplugging the power cord or pressing the power button.
- Go to Settings > Wi-Fi on you iPad and turn of and on the Wi-Fi by tapping the green button. This will force a new network search. Note that it may take a while before the network appears in the list after rebooting.
- Connect to the network.