Check the network connection
- Make sure the iPad that the scanner is connect to is connected to the correct wifi.
- Make sure the USB server is connected with a network cable to the router to which other hardware is connected.
Make sure the network cable goes from the correct port on the USB server (large port with yellow and green LEDs) to one of the yellow ports on the back of the router.
- If necessary, replace the network cable that runs from the USB server to the router.
Connect the barcode reader anew
- Sign in to the Sitoo app.
- Tap Menu > Settings.
- Now you'll end up in a hardware device section. Locate Datalogic in the list of connected hardware devices. If you do not find any device called Datalogic, proceed to step 5.
- Swipe left on the row named Datalogic > Tap Delete.
- Tap the + icon in the upper right corner > Choose Datalogic.
- Tap the magnifying glass at the top right corner.
- Now the checkout will search for Datalogic scanners connected to the same router as Sitoo POS. In this step you see a white box, wait until you get the search results in the window. This may take a while.
- Tap the device in the list to select the barcode reader. If you have several check outs and barcode readers, your search result will show all barcode readers. To know which one to choose, look at the serial number on the bottom of the scanner head. In the right corner of the white label you see the serial number (for example, S / N: G17N23096). The same serial number can be found in the search result.
- When you have selected the barcode reader in the list, the IP address field will be filled in. Now press Done in the upper left corner.
Check cords and restart
- Make sure all cords are correctly connected:
- Power cord from USB server to electrical outlet.
- Network cable from USB server to the same router as the other hardware is connected to.
- USB cable from USB server to hand scanner.
- Restart the USB server by locating the power cord. Pull out the power cord from the electrical outlet and then put it back into the electrical outlet. See pictures below.
- Try moving the scanner cable, which runs from the hand scanner/charging station to the USB server, to one of the other four oblong ports that are located on the server's short side, at the far right of the picture below.
Restore and reconfigure
Try to restore your scanner.
- Scan the code below and wait for about 30 seconds.
- Now scan the code below and leave the scanner for 30 seconds while applying the configuration:
Wireless Datalogic QM2400 goes out
If you have a wireless Datalogic of the model QM2400, which i charged in a stand or so called base station, you need to make sure the scanner is charged correctly.
- The base station has two light. Make sure that the bottom light is orange. It indicates that the base station has power.
- Also ensure that the scanner head is properly positioned in the base station making then upper light either shine red or green. If the upper light is not lit, the scanner is misplaced in the base station.
- If it upper light is red, the scanner needs to be charged in the base station. If it's green light, the scanner is fully charged.