This article will cover how to install your Dymo Label Writer, enabling you to print barcodes on labels.
Install Dymo Label Software
- Download Dymo Label Software from one of the links below.
If you are using WINDOWS: DYMO Label Software, Windows
If you are using MAC: DYMO Label Software, Mac
- Follow the download instructions presented to you.
- When prompted to choose between Express and Custom installation, choose Custom.
- Start the Dymo Label Software and follow the instructions for activation.
- Connect the printer to your computer using the supplied USB-cable. Insert the cable to a USB port on your computer.
- Test your Dymo Label Writer and ensure that it is functioning properly.
- If you have not opened the software on your computer, do it now. The icon for the software looks like this:
- When the software is running you can choose to register the program. You are free to ignore this, or register the software if you so prefer.
- Click the blue Print-button to print a test label on your label writer. See image below.
If the Print-button is grey your printer is not connected properly. Try inserting the cable to a different USB-port on your computer. If this still does not solve the problem, try restarting your computer and try again.