If you do not use an external warehouse management system you can do your stocktaking in Sitoo Backoffice, either manually directly in Backoffice, trough import of Excel or directly in the Sitoo POS app. You can have an active stocktaking while also performing sales, but keep in mind that this will create differences in your warehouse that will necessitate some products to be recounted.
- Open Sitoo POS on your iPad.
- Log in. You need to be either Store manager, Staff or Admin to be able to stocktake with the cash register.
- Tap Menu > Stocktaking.
- Register prodcuts. There are three different ways to add products to your stocktaking.
- Use the camera on your iPad and photograph the barcode. To activate camera, tap the blue camera icon in the right corner.
- Use the scanner and scan the products barcode.
- Search for your product by tapping the blue search icon and search for your product.
- Enter the amount of products. To enter the amount of products for stocktaking there are three options.
- If you are using the iPad camera you can add amounts to a product by photographing it several times to increase the amount.
- If you are using the scanner you can scan a product several times to increase the amount.
- You can also increase or decrease the amount by tapping the + and - buttons.
- Tap Done > OK to complete the stocktaking on the device.
- Completing the stocktaking on your device does not mean that the stocktaking in itself is completed.
- To complete the stocktaking you will need to log in to Backoffice and complete the stocktaking there.
- Log in to Backoffce > Stock.
- If you have access to several warehouses you will first need to pick which one to stocktake. There is a blue text in the upper right corner, klick the text to switch warehouse.
- Choose your warehouse in the dropdown meny > OK
- Click the blue button that says "Ongoing Stocktaking".
- This will take you to the stocktaking view and allow you to complete the stocktaking.
- Make sure you are viewing the correct warehouse.
Inspect your stocktaking
When you have completed stocktaking you will need to go through the different statuses for the products.
- Click All status > Diff.
- First check the Negative Diff. This status means that the amount counted is less than the amount that the system expected before the stocktaking began. If the stocktaking is completed with a negative diff the stock will be reduced and the stock value will also decrease.
- Click All Status > Modified.
- Then check the Modified products. This status indicate that the products have been interacted with in some way, such as a delivery in or out and sales during the stocktaking.
- Click All Status > Diff.
- Check the Positive Diff. This status means that the amount counted is greater than the amount that the system expected before stocktaking began. If the stocktaking is completed with a Positive diff the stock amount will be increased but the stock value will not be increased (products will be delivered in with a value of 0kr)).
- Click All Status > Not counted.
- Lastly, check Not counted. This status notes products that haven't been counted. If the stocktaking should cover all products in your system it is wise to check this section to ensure you haven't missed any during your stocktaking.
When you have counted all your products and inspected their different status as described above you will be ready to finish the stocktaking.
- Click the blue Finish Stocktaking-button in the bottom right corner.
- If you wish, you can leave a comment.
- Click the checkbox to approve the stocktaking.
- Click OK to save and complete the stocktaking.
If you click Cancel you will return to the active stocktaking. If you click Finish without saving the stocktaking session will be cancelled and any work performed in the stocktaking will be lost.
Keep in mind!
If the counted number of products exceed the expected amount it is not recommended to increase the stock by stocktaking.
Your stock value is based upon the products in price multiplied with the number of products. A stocktaking determines how many products you have in your stock, but it cannot increase your stock value, only lower it.
Expected amount: 10 pcs
Counted: 15 pcs
In this example, the 5 products that exceeds the expected amount should be delivered in before finishing the stocktaking. If you were to finish the stocktaking without performing a delivery in on these products they will increase in stock amount but not stock value.
Expected amount: 10 pcs
Counted amount: 15 pcs
Delivery in: 5 pcs
New expected amount: 15 pcs