If you do not use an external warehouse management system you can do your stocktaking in Sitoo, either manually directly in Backoffice, trough import of Excel in Backoffice or directly in the Sitoo POS app. In this article we will review step by step hos to conduct stocktaking in Sitoo POS.
- First you need to initiate the stocktaking in Sitoo Backoffice.
- Log in to Sitoo Backoffice > Stocktaking.
- If you have access to several warehouses you will first need to pick which one to stocktake. There is a blue text in the upper right corner, click the text to switch warehouse.
- Choose your warehouse in the dropdown meny > OK.
- Press Stocktaking in the lower right corner.
- Open Sitoo POS on your device. Make sure you are using the latest version of Sitoo POS > Go to App Store > Search for Sitoo POS > Update if necessary, otherwise open the app.
- Log in > Tap Menu > Inventory > Stocktaking.
- Create a local stocktaking list in Sitoo POS, either on iPad or iPhone. There are three different methods for adding products to the stocktaking list. Read this article for a guide to each method.
- When you're finished it's time to send the stocktaking list to the stocktaking session. Tap Send > Send > OK > OK.
- Completing the stocktaking on your device does not mean that the stocktaking in itself is completed.
- To complete the stocktaking you will need to log in to Backoffice and complete the stocktaking there.
- Log in to Backoffce > Stock > Choose the correct warehouse if you have access to several warehouses.
- Click the blue button that says "Ongoing Stocktaking".
- This will take you to the stocktaking view and allow you to complete the stocktaking.
- Make sure you are viewing the correct warehouse.
Inspect your stocktaking
When you have completed stocktaking you will need to go through the different statuses for the products.
You can have an active stocktaking while also performing sales, but keep in mind that this will create differences in your warehouse that will necessitate some products to be recounted.
- Log in to Backoffice > Stock > Ongoing Stocktaking.
- Amongst the filtering options, click All status > Diff.
- First check the Negative Diff. This status means that the amount counted is less than the amount that the system expected before the stocktaking began. If the stocktaking is completed with a negative diff the stock will be reduced and the stock value will also decrease.
- Click All Status > Modified.
- Then check the Modified products. This status indicate that the products have been interacted with in some way, such as a delivery in or out and sales during the stocktaking.
- Click All Status > Diff.
- Check the Positive Diff. This status means that the amount counted is greater than the amount that the system expected before stocktaking began. If the stocktaking is completed with a Positive diff the stock amount will be increased but the stock value will not be increased (products will be delivered in with a value of 0kr)).
- Click All Status > Not counted.
- Lastly, check Not counted. This status notes products that haven't been counted. If the stocktaking should cover all products in your system it is wise to check this section to ensure you haven't missed any during your stocktaking.
When you have counted all your products and inspected their different status as described above you will be ready to finish the stocktaking.
- If you want to you can export an stocktaking list as is just before you complete the stocktaking. In that case, press Export at the bottom right corner.
- To complete the stocktaking, click the blue Finish Stocktaking-button in the bottom right corner.
- If you wish, you can leave a comment.
- Click the checkbox to approve the stocktaking.
- Click OK to save and complete the stocktaking.
If you click Cancel you will return to the active stocktaking. If you click Finish without saving the stocktaking session will be cancelled and any work performed in the stocktaking will be lost.
Keep in mind!
If the counted number of products exceed the expected amount it is not recommended to increase the stock by stocktaking.
Your stock value is based upon the products in price multiplied with the number of products. A stocktaking determines how many products you have in your stock, but it cannot increase your stock value, only lower it.
Expected amount: 10 pcs
Counted: 15 pcs
In this example, the 5 products that exceeds the expected amount should be delivered in before finishing the stocktaking. If you were to finish the stocktaking without performing a delivery in on these products they will increase in stock amount but not stock value.
Expected amount: 10 pcs
Counted amount: 15 pcs
Delivery in: 5 pcs
New expected amount: 15 pcs