With Sitoo you can sell products both in pieces and in other units, such as weight, volume or length.
- Quantity; st
- Weight; kg
- Volume; l
- Length; m
If you sell one or more products that are to be measured or weighed, ie by weight, volume or dimensions, these product settings must be made on that product.
- Log in to Back Office > Products.
- Go to the product > Edit.
- Scroll down to the section Amount & Unit.
- Select the Allow Decimals check box.
- Enter the desired unit.
- Press Save.
If Allow Decimals is checked on products that should not be weighed or measured, the checkout will request the quantity when you select the product. Although the staff states 1.0, the price might be incorrect. Therefore, the option Allow Decimal should not be checked on products sold per piece.
- Scroll to the section SKU (article number).
- The SKU should be numerically 4-6 digits if digital scale with GS1 is used. Read more about GS1 below.
- Barcode does not need to be entered.
- Scroll to the section price.
- The price must be the correct unit price; for example, kilo price, liter price, meter price etc.
Use of digital scale
If you sell weight products, such as tea at bulk, you can use a digital scale. The standard for digital scales that can generate barcodes is GS1, formerly EAN. GS1 is a world standard used to give articles unique article numbers when weighing; 6 digits for SKU plus 4 digits for weight (0.123, 12.34, 123.4 kg); xxxxxx xxxx.
- Use the same article register in your scales as in Sitoo.
- Put the product on the scale and enter the current item.
- The scale generates a barcode based on the product's footprint and current weight.
- Scan the printed barcode with your barcode reader at the checkout.
- The scanner reads the article number and weight simultaneously. You do not need to specify the product, quantity or price.
- Based on the kilo price you have given the product in Backoffice, Sitoo POS gives the correct price for the product and weight. An article that weighs 0.225 kg gets the price 1 x 0.225 x 49 EUR = 11.025 EUR.
Bar codes in GTIN-13 format (PPIIIIIIVVVVC) for GS1 prefix 23-25.
P = GS1 prefix
I = Item Reference
D = Value Verifier Digit
V = Value
C = Check Digit
When using a digital scale with Sitoo POS
- Put the product on the scale and note the weight.
- Select product in Sitoo POS.
- Then a dialog is presented asking you to enter the quantity, in this case the weight.
- Based on the kilo price you have given the product in Backoffice, the cashier gives the correct price for the product and weight.