Installing receipt printer
- Insert a receipt roll into the printer.
- Connect the printers power cord to a wall socket and then connect the other end to the printer.
- Connect the network cable to a port of your choice in the router and the other end into the receipt printer.
- Open Sitoo POS. Tap the menu in the upper left corner and then Settings.
- Under Hardware Devices you'll see all currently connected devices.
- Tap the plus sign in the top right and choose Star Micronics.
- Now tap the search icon in the top right corner. The app will then search your network for any connected printers. When the printer appears, simply tap it and it will be added to your cash register. If there are more than one printer connected to your network you will need to differentiate them by their IP adress. Please see the section below for help on how to find the IP adress.
- Tap the button for Default printer. The setting is active if the button is green.
- Tap Done.
Finding the IP adress of your printer
- Turn off your printer by turning off the switch on the left side of the printer.
- Hold down the FEED button located at the front of the printer and while keeping it pushed down, turn on the switch.
- Two receipts will be printed out after a short while.
- On the second printout you'll see information regarding the printers IP adress at the bottom of the receipt. If the IP adress is 0.0.0.0 this indicates that the printer does not have connection to your network. Check the network cables and ensure that they are properly connected to both router and printer.
Connect the cash drawer
The receipt printer functions as a link in the communication with the cash drawer. The cash drawer is connected via cable to the receipt printer. Because of this, it is required that the receipt printer is functioning properly for the cash drawer to be able to open automatically.